— Maria Renz, a former Amazon govt and technical advisor to Jeff Bezos, joined Gopuff as senior vice chairman of North America.
Renz was most not too long ago an govt vice chairman at fintech big SoFi. She beforehand spent almost twenty years at Amazon as a vice chairman main numerous teams, together with Supply Expertise, and served as CEO of Quidsi, an Amazon subsidiary.
Renz, who joined Amazon in 1999, turned the primary lady named technical advisor to Amazon founder Jeff Bezos, a coveted position she held from 2015 to 2017.
“Due to its relentless concentrate on prospects and best-in-class supply know-how, Gopuff is main the business and redefining how shoppers are procuring as we speak and sooner or later,” Renz wrote in a LinkedIn publish.
— Liangxiao Zhu, a former engineering chief at Microsoft and Meta, joined DoorDash as vice chairman of engineering.
Zhu began her profession at Microsoft, the place she was a senior engineer engaged on Home windows Telephone, HoloLens, and extra. She then spent almost a decade at Meta, most not too long ago as a senior engineering director engaged on funds know-how.
Zhu will lead new verticals reminiscent of grocery and comfort at supply big DoorDash, which went public in 2020. The corporate reported income of $1.3 billion within the fourth quarter of final 12 months.
DoorDash opened a Seattle engineering workplace in 2020.
— Deidre Boulware, previously vice chairman at American Century Investments, will be a part of Leafly as chief individuals officer.
Boulware has greater than twenty years of human sources management expertise and beforehand held roles at US Pharmacopeia, Willis Towers Watson, Capital One, Ally Monetary, and Wachovia Securities.
She joins Leafly simply months after the Seattle firm went public by way of a SPAC merger. Based in 2010, Leafly’s on-line market lets prospects store and choose hashish merchandise from licensed retailers.
The startup additionally serves as an academic useful resource. Its platform has greater than 125 million annual guests and the enterprise generated $36 million in income in 2020, with anticipated year-over-year progress of 19% in 2021 and reaching $151 million by 2024.
Different personnel adjustments throughout the Pacific Northwest tech business:
- Paul Ramsey, chief govt officer of UW Drugs, introduced he will likely be retiring efficient July 31. Timothy Dellit, chief medical officer, will function the interim CEO for the subsequent two years.
- Michelle Briscoe, former president of Brooks Utilized Labs, joined Seattle startup Talus Bio as chief working officer.
- Brian Adams, a former chief at Zulily and head of portfolio at Amazon’s Alexa Fund, joined FLYR Labs as head of company improvement.
- Miyuki Jane Pinckard, co-founder of Story Kitchen Studio, joined Xbox as international portfolio director.
- Ken Barrett and Scott Fabro joined Seattle startup Arzeda as chief enterprise officer and senior vice chairman of meals elements, respectively.
- Dr. Amy Snover, director of the College of Washington Local weather Impacts Group, will retire on June 15.
- Sean Ellis was appointed to the advisor board at Seattle-based startup Upfocus.
GeekWire managing editor Taylor Soper contributed to this story.